Yes, I’m cross-posting

In April of 2001, I signed up for a LiveJournal account. It has remained formant for the last 16 months. It is now less dormant.

When I first started keep­ing a jour­nal online, the term “blog” hadn’t become main­stay or even com­mon­place. I never con­sid­ered that site my blog, it was my journal.

In April of 2001, I signed up for a Live­Jour­nal account. For 6 years, it was some­thing I used very fre­quently and it remains an arti­fact of sorts of my late adolescence/college life. I’m not link­ing to it (if you find it, you find it, but I have no desire to pub­li­cize my angst and ennui at 19 or 20, I just don’t), but it exists. It has remained dor­mant for the last 16 months. It is now less dormant.

Using Live+Press, I’m cross-posting my blog entries to Live­Jour­nal, so that Ryan and any­one else who still has me on their Friends List and wants to keep up can do so.

Although I moved onto some­thing else, as hap­pens with tech­nol­ogy, Live­Jour­nal and the friend­ships and rela­tion­ships I made there will always hold a spe­cial place in my heart. It was my first online home out­side of my GeoC­i­ties websites.

Out.

Edit: Per­haps not. This doesn’t seem to be work­ing as well as I planned.

TwitterCounter for @film_girl

September 2008
« Aug   Oct »
14151617181920

Linda Sher­man - Gravatar

Linda Sher­man said:

Just stop­ping by to give you a hug. Thank you for gen­er­ous help to Jerusha. She has named you “my favorite geek god­dess” on her blogroll. How per­fect. Ditto for me!

Posted on: September 13, 2008 at 6:12 pmQuote this Comment
Lau­rent Baumann - Gravatar

Lau­rent Baumann said:

Funny, cause I was read­ing your first posts on this blog like, 3 days ago (I’m such a curi­ous guy lol) ;)

Posted on: September 17, 2008 at 1:10 pmQuote this Comment
Christina - Gravatar

Christina said:

@Linda — aww, my plea­sure! You both are so awe­some, I love doing any­thing I can to help!

@Laurent — by all means, read all you want (I have linked to the old jour­nal on two occa­sions) on this blog or else­where, I just wasn’t going to direct link to it again. It’s more per­sonal embar­rass­ment over my col­lege drama than any­thing else :-)

Posted on: September 17, 2008 at 1:14 pmQuote this Comment
dawSaure - Gravatar

dawSaure said:

Hi. I reg­u­larly be famil­iar with this forum. This is the head cul­ture undis­puted to ask a topic. How mul­ti­far­i­ous in this forum are ref­er­ences pro­gres­sive behind, disin­gen­u­ous users? Can I bank all the com­mu­ni­ca­tion that there is?

Posted on: December 1, 2008 at 10:24 pmQuote this Comment
Onto­movoins - Gravatar

Onto­movoins said:

Hi every­one,

I’m a stu­dent from Ohio and I have to develop a con­cept for a work enti­tled: “Vis­its dura­tion for web­sites: Analy­sis — Com­par­i­son — Mean­ing.” There­fore I have writ­ten to site oper­a­tors and asked about the vis­its dura­tion of their web­site. There are sites such as this site, which only have a vis­its dura­tion of 10 sec­onds, whereas the over­all aver­age vis­its dura­tion accord­ing to Nielsen / NetRank­ings is 40 sec­onds. Now my ques­tion: Where can I get the vis­its dura­tion of as many web­sites as pos­si­ble? And in addi­tion: Are there stud­ies explor­ing the rela­tion­ship between website-quality and vis­its dura­tion? This could prob­a­bly sup­port my work.

Thanks for your support!

Kira

Posted on: March 29, 2010 at 5:52 amQuote this Comment
anaeroeasen - Gravatar

anaeroeasen said:

Hi! Happy New Year! Health, luck and love!

Posted on: December 26, 2011 at 1:16 pmQuote this Comment