Webmaster Jam Session 2008

Atlanta is often left-out of the Web Conference mix, so I'm super psyched that my hometown is hosting this year's Webmaster Jam Session!

sidelogo.jpg For what­ever rea­son, despite being the most “most wired city in the US,” Atlanta rarely gets any tech love. I know, I know we’re no Seat­tle. We’re no Vegas. We’re cer­tainly no San Fran­cisco. Hell, we’re not even Port­land. Still, you’d think the 8th or 9th largest city (depend­ing on the cen­sus) and the so-called “Cap­i­tal of the New South.” Where’s the ATL love?

In fact, Atlanta is so fre­quently left-out of the Web Con­fer­ence mix, I didn’t even KNOW that Web­mas­ter Jam Ses­sion 2008 was going to be in my own back­yard until like two weeks ago!

But thanks to CoffeeCup’s J. Cor­nelius, I not only KNOW about it, I’m also going to be speak­ing on a panel about web vis­i­bil­ity! I’m so excited!

So many gen­uinely cool and awe-inspiring super­stars are going to be there, Jeff Croft, Dan Rubin, Nathan Smith — my Austin road­trip hom­bre Keith Robin­son — I’m really, really thrilled about the whole event.

If you’re going to be in Atlanta (or want to be!) on Octo­ber 3rd and 4th, and you are inter­ested in web tech­nolo­gies, design, SEO or social media, this should be a fan­tas­tic con­fer­ence! Spots are lim­ited, so reg­is­ter now — oh, and if you use the code “REDCAT” when reg­is­ter­ing, you’ll save 20%!

If you’re going to be in town or are inter­ested — give me a heads up via e-mail or Twit­ter — I’d love to meet up with you!

August 2008
« Jul   Sep »
17181920212223

Devin Reams - Gravatar

Devin Reams said:

Gee, I hadn’t even real­ized this one existed either. So many con­fer­ences (and un-conferences), so lit­tle time.

Posted on: August 25, 2008 at 4:37 pmQuote this Comment
Lisa - Gravatar

Lisa said:

con­grats on the speak­ing engage­ment! i bet you’ll rock it like an all-star. we should still do that SxSW proposal!!!

Posted on: August 26, 2008 at 1:10 amQuote this Comment
Christina - Gravatar

Christina said:

Devin — I agree! This is excit­ing for Atlantans though.

Lisa — thank you! And YES — look for an e-mail from me later this week.

Posted on: August 26, 2008 at 10:12 amQuote this Comment
Zia - Gravatar

Zia said:

Say, Christina, I love your Blog!

I see you are a Black­berry Fan!

Posted on: August 31, 2008 at 2:49 pmQuote this Comment
Bom­bchell — in Atlanta - Gravatar

Bom­bchell — in Atlanta said:

lol @ first i was really excited. then i sur­veyed the site, and clicked reg­is­ter. $199 [stares blankly], erh i think ill pass.

Posted on: September 12, 2008 at 2:40 amQuote this Comment
Sienna Richard­son - Gravatar

Sienna Richard­son said:

i was won­der­ing if there are web­mas­ters who man­ages sev­eral thou­sand web­sites at a time.„*

Posted on: May 23, 2010 at 12:20 pmQuote this Comment
David Har­ris - Gravatar

David Har­ris said:

i am a web­mas­ter myself and i always seek infor­ma­tion on the net on how to increase web­site traf­fice and make a good website,.;

Posted on: August 2, 2010 at 11:14 amQuote this Comment
Ellie Hughes - Gravatar

Ellie Hughes said:

being a web­mas­ter is some­times very tir­ing due to the large amount of mul­ti­task­ing involved.,;

Posted on: September 29, 2010 at 1:53 pmQuote this Comment
Glan­du­lar Fever Symptoms - Gravatar

Glan­du­lar Fever Symptoms said:

.-‘ I am really thank­ful to this topic because it really gives up to date information *:,

Posted on: January 25, 2011 at 3:05 pmQuote this Comment