I’m a Media Whore! The SXSWi Edition

I know I'm not even fake Internet famous (trust me, I KNOW), but that won't stop me from pimping the interviews I did last week.

SXSWi! OK, I’ll be writ­ing a much more thor­ough round-up of the whole thing later on — but I’m still play­ing catch up. Yeah, yeah, I got home two days ago. Lots to catch up on! I have a post almost fin­ished with shout outs and thank yous to all the cool peo­ple I met, and that should be up tomorrow.

One of the many great things about Twit­ter is that you get so used to someone’s avatar, you can call out to them in a crowd, even at some­thing like SXSWi. Sev­eral peo­ple rec­og­nized me by name just because of Twit­ter, which has the result of mak­ing you feel both a weird (in a totally awe­some way) and pseudo-famous. The “I’m a some­body” vibe only increases because so many peo­ple are doing video inter­views and podcasts.

Please under­stand, I know I’m not even fake Inter­net famous (trust me, I KNOW), but that won’t stop me from pimp­ing the inter­views I did last week.

In an effort to not totally kill your feed reader with flash files,

Loren Feldman 1938Media.com

OK, Loren has been one of my favorite web video guys for a LONG, LONG time. Being inter­viewed by him, meet­ing him in per­son (sorry his lady was sick, it would have been great to meet her) and hang­ing out at the Gawker party was just a blast. Loren would be the man even if he hadn’t inter­viewed Grant and I for his site.

Aaron “Technosailor” Brazell Technosailor.com

Aaron is such a great guy! He’s been a favorite Twit­terati for quite some time and I love all the stuff he does on his site and with b5Media. It was such a blast hang­ing out with Aaron and his crew. Plus, you gotta love a guy who yells “Bea­con sucks!” dur­ing the Face­book keynote.

Styledash Geek Chic Profile

Yeah, I won’t lie. This is pretty insane. Geek Chic is going global baby!

And Styledash also has this utterly awe­some Guide to Geek Chic at SXSW

And no Media Whore­dom post would be com­plete with­out link­ing to my inter­view with Guy Kawasaki of Alltop.com and True­mors — more inter­views will be up in the com­ing days on Down­load­Squad (our hotel wifi was teh suck).

SXSW 2008: Guy Kawasaki talks to Down­load Squad from Down­load Squad on Vimeo.

March 2008
« Feb   Apr »
16171819202122

dan grady - Gravatar

dan grady said:

thx for putting together the col­lage. like the inter­views. nice hear­ing from gk and hear­ing the dis­cus­sion on all­top. sorta cool watch­ing it come together on the twit­ter stream and then hear­ing the overview.

Posted on: March 14, 2008 at 11:17 pmQuote this Comment
ras­bill - Gravatar

ras­bill said:

thank god your back to enter­tain me, sat­ur­days are soooo bor­ing here at my work (self stor­age, lame) now dance for me inter­net mon­key (kidding)

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 9:34 amQuote this Comment
Jay - Gravatar

Jay said:

Am I the only one that found the inter­view in a legacy pay phone room where all the pay phones were ripped out to be telling on mul­ti­ple lev­els? That was such a tele­poca­lypse moment! I’m reminded of the scene from Johnny Dan­ger­ously where all the news writ­ers run for the row of pay phones…

Great inter­views all around :)

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 4:44 pmQuote this Comment
Mostly Lisa - Gravatar

Mostly Lisa said:

your media who­r­ish­ness only makes me love you more. what’s filmgirl.tv all about? are you in stealth mode??? can’t wait for that! unless you start life­cast­ing every trip you make to star­bucks. then i would have to unfol­low you and i might even pre­tend not to know you whilst grab­bing a half fat not latte cappa cap­puc­cino with Ryan Block at SxSW 2009.

PS. I don’t even drink cof­fee, so it would be a pretty big dis. PPS. I’d write more but I just fin­ished watch­ing “Atone­ment” and I’m find­ing it hard to find pur­pose in life.

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 8:39 pmQuote this Comment
Micah Bald­win - Gravatar

Micah Bald­win said:

The best thing about SXSW was meet­ing folks that I have inter­acted with online on dif­fer­ent lev­els and find­ing them as awe­some in real life. Makes you like them even more (but not in a stalk­er­ish crazy way…)

Posted on: March 17, 2008 at 3:32 pmQuote this Comment
Chris Mur­phy - Gravatar

Chris Mur­phy said:

Looks like I missed all the fun again. Thanks for the inter­views though 😉

Posted on: March 18, 2008 at 8:05 amQuote this Comment
Phil Camp­bell - Gravatar

Phil Camp­bell said:

i wish we could have chatted. :( maybe next year.

Posted on: March 20, 2008 at 3:47 pmQuote this Comment
This could sus­tain me… | www.ChristinaWarren.com - Gravatar

This could sus­tain me… | www.ChristinaWarren.com said:

[…] other inter­views that I really, really enjoyed (and haven’t already posted) were the adorable Chris Saad from DataPortability.org (see it here) and the always dynamic Gary […]

Posted on: April 11, 2008 at 1:17 pmQuote this Comment