I’m a Media Whore! The SXSWi Edition

I know I'm not even fake Internet famous (trust me, I KNOW), but that won't stop me from pimping the interviews I did last week.

SXSWi! OK, I’ll be writing a much more thorough round-up of the whole thing later on — but I’m still playing catch up. Yeah, yeah, I got home two days ago. Lots to catch up on! I have a post almost finished with shout outs and thank yous to all the cool people I met, and that should be up tomorrow.

One of the many great things about Twitter is that you get so used to someone’s avatar, you can call out to them in a crowd, even at something like SXSWi. Several people recognized me by name just because of Twitter, which has the result of making you feel both a weird (in a totally awesome way) and pseudo-famous. The “I’m a somebody” vibe only increases because so many people are doing video interviews and podcasts.

Please understand, I know I’m not even fake Internet famous (trust me, I KNOW), but that won’t stop me from pimping the interviews I did last week.

In an effort to not totally kill your feed reader with flash files,

Loren Feldman 1938Media.com

OK, Loren has been one of my favorite web video guys for a LONG, LONG time. Being interviewed by him, meeting him in person (sorry his lady was sick, it would have been great to meet her) and hanging out at the Gawker party was just a blast. Loren would be the man even if he hadn’t interviewed Grant and I for his site.

Aaron “Technosailor” Brazell Technosailor.com

Aaron is such a great guy! He’s been a favorite Twitterati for quite some time and I love all the stuff he does on his site and with b5Media. It was such a blast hanging out with Aaron and his crew. Plus, you gotta love a guy who yells “Beacon sucks!” during the Facebook keynote.

Styledash Geek Chic Profile

Yeah, I won’t lie. This is pretty insane. Geek Chic is going global baby!

And Styledash also has this utterly awesome Guide to Geek Chic at SXSW

And no Media Whoredom post would be complete without linking to my interview with Guy Kawasaki of Alltop.com and Truemors — more interviews will be up in the coming days on DownloadSquad (our hotel wifi was teh suck).

SXSW 2008: Guy Kawasaki talks to Download Squad from Download Squad on Vimeo.

March 2008
« Feb   Apr »
16171819202122

dan grady - Gravatar

dan grady said:

thx for putting together the collage. like the interviews. nice hearing from gk and hearing the discussion on alltop. sorta cool watching it come together on the twitter stream and then hearing the overview.

Posted on: March 14, 2008 at 11:17 pmQuote this Comment
rasbill - Gravatar

rasbill said:

thank god your back to entertain me, saturdays are soooo boring here at my work (self storage, lame) now dance for me internet monkey (kidding)

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 9:34 amQuote this Comment
Jay - Gravatar

Jay said:

Am I the only one that found the interview in a legacy pay phone room where all the pay phones were ripped out to be telling on multiple levels? That was such a telepocalypse moment! I’m reminded of the scene from Johnny Dangerously where all the news writers run for the row of pay phones…

Great interviews all around 🙂

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 4:44 pmQuote this Comment
Mostly Lisa - Gravatar

Mostly Lisa said:

your media whorishness only makes me love you more. what’s filmgirl.tv all about? are you in stealth mode??? can’t wait for that! unless you start lifecasting every trip you make to starbucks. then i would have to unfollow you and i might even pretend not to know you whilst grabbing a half fat not latte cappa cappuccino with Ryan Block at SxSW 2009.

PS. I don’t even drink coffee, so it would be a pretty big dis. PPS. I’d write more but I just finished watching “Atonement” and I’m finding it hard to find purpose in life.

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 8:39 pmQuote this Comment
Micah Baldwin - Gravatar

Micah Baldwin said:

The best thing about SXSW was meeting folks that I have interacted with online on different levels and finding them as awesome in real life. Makes you like them even more (but not in a stalkerish crazy way…)

Posted on: March 17, 2008 at 3:32 pmQuote this Comment
Chris Murphy - Gravatar

Chris Murphy said:

Looks like I missed all the fun again. Thanks for the interviews though 😉

Posted on: March 18, 2008 at 8:05 amQuote this Comment
Phil Campbell - Gravatar

Phil Campbell said:

i wish we could have chatted. 🙁 maybe next year.

Posted on: March 20, 2008 at 3:47 pmQuote this Comment
This could sustain me… | www.ChristinaWarren.com - Gravatar

This could sustain me… | www.ChristinaWarren.com said:

[…] other interviews that I really, really enjoyed (and haven’t already posted) were the adorable Chris Saad from DataPortability.org (see it here) and the always dynamic Gary […]

Posted on: April 11, 2008 at 1:17 pmQuote this Comment