I’m a Media Whore! The SXSWi Edition

I know I'm not even fake Internet famous (trust me, I KNOW), but that won't stop me from pimping the interviews I did last week.

SXSWi! OK, I’ll be writ­ing a much more thor­ough round-up of the whole thing later on — but I’m still play­ing catch up. Yeah, yeah, I got home two days ago. Lots to catch up on! I have a post almost fin­ished with shout outs and thank yous to all the cool peo­ple I met, and that should be up tomorrow.

One of the many great things about Twit­ter is that you get so used to someone’s avatar, you can call out to them in a crowd, even at some­thing like SXSWi. Sev­eral peo­ple rec­og­nized me by name just because of Twit­ter, which has the result of mak­ing you feel both a weird (in a totally awe­some way) and pseudo-famous. The “I’m a some­body” vibe only increases because so many peo­ple are doing video inter­views and podcasts.

Please under­stand, I know I’m not even fake Inter­net famous (trust me, I KNOW), but that won’t stop me from pimp­ing the inter­views I did last week.

In an effort to not totally kill your feed reader with flash files,

Loren Feld­man 1938Media.com

OK, Loren has been one of my favorite web video guys for a LONG, LONG time. Being inter­viewed by him, meet­ing him in per­son (sorry his lady was sick, it would have been great to meet her) and hang­ing out at the Gawker party was just a blast. Loren would be the man even if he hadn’t inter­viewed Grant and I for his site.

Aaron “Tech­no­sailor” Brazell Technosailor.com

Aaron is such a great guy! He’s been a favorite Twit­terati for quite some time and I love all the stuff he does on his site and with b5Media. It was such a blast hang­ing out with Aaron and his crew. Plus, you gotta love a guy who yells “Bea­con sucks!” dur­ing the Face­book keynote.

Styledash Geek Chic Profile

Yeah, I won’t lie. This is pretty insane. Geek Chic is going global baby!

And Styledash also has this utterly awe­some Guide to Geek Chic at SXSW

And no Media Whore­dom post would be com­plete with­out link­ing to my inter­view with Guy Kawasaki of Alltop.com and True­mors — more inter­views will be up in the com­ing days on Down­load­Squad (our hotel wifi was teh suck).

SXSW 2008: Guy Kawasaki talks to Down­load Squad from Down­load Squad on Vimeo.

TwitterCounter for @film_girl

March 2008
« Feb   Apr »
16171819202122

dan grady - Gravatar

dan grady said:

thx for putting together the col­lage. like the inter­views. nice hear­ing from gk and hear­ing the dis­cus­sion on all­top. sorta cool watch­ing it come together on the twit­ter stream and then hear­ing the overview.

Posted on: March 14, 2008 at 11:17 pmQuote this Comment
ras­bill - Gravatar

ras­bill said:

thank god your back to enter­tain me, sat­ur­days are soooo bor­ing here at my work (self stor­age, lame) now dance for me inter­net mon­key (kidding)

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 9:34 amQuote this Comment
Jay - Gravatar

Jay said:

Am I the only one that found the inter­view in a legacy pay phone room where all the pay phones were ripped out to be telling on mul­ti­ple lev­els? That was such a tele­poca­lypse moment! I’m reminded of the scene from Johnny Dan­ger­ously where all the news writ­ers run for the row of pay phones…

Great inter­views all around :)

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 4:44 pmQuote this Comment
Mostly Lisa - Gravatar

Mostly Lisa said:

your media who­r­ish­ness only makes me love you more. what’s filmgirl.tv all about? are you in stealth mode??? can’t wait for that! unless you start life­cast­ing every trip you make to star­bucks. then i would have to unfol­low you and i might even pre­tend not to know you whilst grab­bing a half fat not latte cappa cap­puc­cino with Ryan Block at SxSW 2009.

PS. I don’t even drink cof­fee, so it would be a pretty big dis. PPS. I’d write more but I just fin­ished watch­ing “Atone­ment” and I’m find­ing it hard to find pur­pose in life.

Posted on: March 15, 2008 at 8:39 pmQuote this Comment
Micah Bald­win - Gravatar

Micah Bald­win said:

The best thing about SXSW was meet­ing folks that I have inter­acted with online on dif­fer­ent lev­els and find­ing them as awe­some in real life. Makes you like them even more (but not in a stalk­er­ish crazy way…)

Posted on: March 17, 2008 at 3:32 pmQuote this Comment
Chris Mur­phy - Gravatar

Chris Mur­phy said:

Looks like I missed all the fun again. Thanks for the inter­views though ;)

Posted on: March 18, 2008 at 8:05 amQuote this Comment
Phil Camp­bell - Gravatar

Phil Camp­bell said:

i wish we could have chat­ted. :( maybe next year.

Posted on: March 20, 2008 at 3:47 pmQuote this Comment
This could sus­tain me… | www.ChristinaWarren.com - Gravatar

This could sus­tain me… | www.ChristinaWarren.com said:

[…] other inter­views that I really, really enjoyed (and haven’t already posted) were the adorable Chris Saad from DataPortability.org (see it here) and the always dynamic Gary […]

Posted on: April 11, 2008 at 1:17 pmQuote this Comment